AEM’s CDI Pencil coils are designed for converting your distributed ignition system to a coil-on-plug (COP) system using either a CDI module or 4-Channel Coil Driver. Users can combine CDI Pencil Coils with a CDI module to replace their factory smart coils, or combine a CDI, AEM Engine Position Module and stand-alone programmable engine management system to convert from distributed ignition to COP.
PLEASE NOTE:The AEM Pencil coils (30-2854 & 30-2854-4PK) are NOT direct replacements for the superseded 30-2850/30-2850-4PK or 30-2851/30-2851-4PK.
All CDI Pencil Coils are two-wire CDI compatible, and must be used with a CDI module. Single CDI Pencil Coil kits, 4-pack kits and connector kits are available.
- Convert from distributed ignition to Coil On Plug!
- Increases spark energy – ideal for high boost, high RPM and high compression engines
- Must be used with CDI module or Four Channel Coil Driver (two-wire CDI/Igniter compatible coil)
- Compatible with all standard automotive spark plugs (including threaded tip style)
- CDI Pencil Coil Kits include pencil coil(s), connector pin(s), pin lock(s) and weather seals