AEM’s Ignition Coil Drivers are designed for driving high-power, dwell-controlled ignition coils commonly found on performance engines. They can drive two wire (“dumb”) coils in coil on plug applications, and we offer a One-Channel version for driving high performance distributed applications. Our Three- and Four-Channel versions can be used as a replacement for a stock coil driver or when converting to coil on plug in engines that do not need the extra spark energy from a CDI, or do not have the mounting space for a CDI like on ATVs, snowmobiles, motorcycles and other Powersports applications.
Swapping to a coil on plug can eliminate dwell time issues that can be problematic in stock ignition systems, and AEM’s Ignition Coil Drivers are the most affordable way to drive coils in a coil on plug set-up.
- Drive ignition coils on a coil-on-plug set-up without a CDI
- Three- and Four-Channel Ignition Coil Drivers are ideal for ATV’s, motorcycles, snowmobiles and racing vehicles with space limitations or those that do not require additional voltage generated by a CDI
- One-Channel Ignition Driver is ideal for high performance distributed applications
- The most affordable, reliable way to drive coils on a COP set up
- Simple installation
- Complete hardware included